The EQUITY INITIATIVE FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
The Equity Initiative has postponed applications for the 2021 EI Fellowship Program due to COVID-19 and will reopen applications in June 2021. For more details on the application process, please read below.
Follow The Equity Initiative on social media to hear the latest news and updates:
WHAT IS IT?
The Equity Initiative, also known as the Atlantic Fellows for Health Equity in Southeast Asia (AFHESEA), seeks to promote and improve health equity throughout Southeast Asia and China, particularly among the most vulnerable and marginalized populations.
The Equity Initiative Fellowship program goal is to advance Fellows’ competency in leadership and health equity, and to inspire and deepen their commitment for social justice in health. The Fellowship program experience goes beyond traditional academic coursework, with learning modalities of experiential, peer, and blended online learning.
We have invited Fellows to this program on the basis of their demonstrated commitment, dedication, and enthusiasm for leading change for health equity. Fellows are the next generation of transformative leaders who will work to reform policies and systems, tackle social determinants, and address health inequities within and beyond the health sector.
We encourage you to read about the fellowship program experience here.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
The Equity Initiative (EI) is seeking outstanding professionals from 10 ASEAN countries and China and from any sector (public, private, non-profit, academia, business) who have demonstrated leadership in their field and have shown a commitment to health equity and are interested in a lifelong engagement with the EI’s equity community.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS?
- Have a track record of demonstrated leadership and commitment to social justice
- Have professional capabilities in health, social development or related fields
- Be a citizen/resident national of one of the ASEAN member nations or China
- Be proficient in spoken and written English
- Be currently employed with at least 5 years of experience
- Be available and able to participate in all fellowship program activities
WHAT ARE THE SELECTION CRITERIA?
Our selection process involves the deliberation of National Committees and a Regional Selection Committee who help us score, rank and select future Fellows. In the selection process, the Committees prioritize individual attributes of the candidates as well as country, gender, and professional backgrounds to achieve an optimal cohort mix. The selection criteria include the following:
- A diverse mix of applicants from a wide range of professional sectors
- Professional capabilities in health, social development or related fields
- Capacity to participate fully in the fellowship activities with the support of a current employer or home institution if applicable
- Achieve a mix and balance of Fellows for optimal multi-national and multi-sectoral peer learning
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS TIMELINE?
For the 2020 fellowship, the timeline for the application process is set as follows:
- 1 July: Online Application Opens
- 31 August: Online Application Closes
- September: Review of Applications and Shortlisting of Applicants
- October: Committees’ Review and Interviews of Shortlisted Applicants
- November: Selection Judgement
- December: Invitations Sent to Finalists
- January 2020: Fifth Fellows Cohort Announces
Questions about the application process? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.